OUR FERTILITY SPECIALIST
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School, University of London, United Kingdom
- Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (MRCOG), United Kingdom
- Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (FRCOG), United Kingdom
- Master of Medicine (O&G), Universiti Sains Malaysia
- Certificate of IVF, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
- Fellow in Reproductive Medicine and Infertility (Australia)
- Credentialed by Malaysian Ministry of Health as a Subspecialist in Reproductive Medicine and Infertility
- Member of the College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Academy of Medicine Malaysia.
- Credentialed as a Subspecialist in Reproductive Medicine and Infertility with the National Specialist Register
- Dr Cheong is our home-grown Sabahan Consultant Obstetrician, Gynaecologist and Fertility Specialist.She is credentialed by Malaysian Ministry of Health as well as the National Specialist Register as a Subspecialist in Reproductive Medicine and Infertility. During her fellowship training in Melbourne, Australia, she worked at one of the busiest IVF centres in Australia at Melbourne IVF/Royal Women’s Hospital. On her return from Australia, she took on the role of setting up the first public IVF Centre in Sabah and East Malaysia at Sabah Women’s and Children’s Hospital.
- She has vast experience in providing fertility services for couples with various fertility issues, and has realized many couples’ dreams of having a baby through intra-uterine insemination services (IUI) and in-vitro fertilization (IVF) treatments. Other related fertility services provided are surgical sperm retrieval, diagnostic and therapeutic laparoscopy and hysteroscopy.
- As a Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Specialist, she also has special interests in providing care for the menopausal women as well as providing a wide range of contraceptive services. Her role as an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist also caters to general gynaecology as well as care for the pregnant mothers.
- Outside her clinical work, she is frequently invited as a speaker at various forums and workshops. She has presented her work both at the local and international meetings and conferences. She has also received many awards for her work. Recently, she was honoured with a Fellowship by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent Service Award by Ministry of Health, Malaysia in 2002, 2007 and 2011
- Outstanding Women’s Award (Professional Category), Sabah Women’s Association in 2015
- Tshung Tsin Ren Spirit Award in 2016